Title:A-V ELECTRONICS and CABLING INSTALLER /TECHNICIAN
We are seeking an A-V ELECTRONICS and CABLING INSTALLER /TECHNICIAN to become an integral part of our team! You will install, configure and troubleshoot audio-video and data communication systems as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
Experience in either Audio-Video installation or Structured Wiring installation is strongly encouraged (Having both skill sets is preferred) but we will cross train a candidate who is eager and is able to learn and master new skills quickly and efficiently.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Overseeing and/or performing:
· Adjust audio, video, and data configurations to minimize systems disruptions
· Installing, terminating, and labeling of cable in new or existing buildings
· Provide training and support to end users and assist training employees who need help
· Investigate customer issues and design appropriate solution
· Maintain company provided items such as tools, testing equipment, vehicles, and inventory/supplies
· Mounting hardware and equipment
· Loading software and code into systems
· Point to point testing and certification and completed systems certification
· Professional interaction with end users, clients, GCs, and other trades
· Daily reporting to end user, client, supervisor, and others as directed
· Communicate effectively in English via electronics, verbally, and in writing
· Travel to client sites and other locations as directed
· Other duties as assigned
· Federal, State, Local, and/or Industry certifications will be REQUIRED (company paid)
· Must have or quickly obtain knowledge of standards, best practices, and codes and use them on every project
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Candidates must be quality and detail-oriented individuals to install and troubleshoot various electronic systems that include, but are not limited to:
· Cat3, Cat5, Cat6, Cat7 wire
· Fiber optic cabling
· A-V wiring and connectors
· Networks (LAN, Wi-Fi)
· Specialized systems - examples include:
· Video Conference Room Systems
· Presentation Systems
· Point of Sale
· Video and Audio Distribution Systems
· Dedicated A-V Rooms
Certifications are a huge plus, especially if they are from any of the following:
Ability to have a company supplied vehicle will be dependent upon your driving record pulled from the DMV to drive a company vehicle and successful completion of your introductory period.
All tools will be supplied, a credit card will be supplied, and training with certification will be supplied.
Drug test, criminal background check, and DMV required periodically. You must have and maintain a good driving record. Random drug testing and annual certification to allow employees into schools and other places where children may be. Employees MUST pass these every time in order to maintain employment with MAX Audio-Video.
The job can be physical at times. You will need to be able to climb ladders, use power tools, work in small places, work around customer schedules, read and complete work orders, read and understand prints and schematics, and clearly document daily work.
Safety, customer satisfaction, and employee satisfaction are our top priorities.
Please forward the following 4 items for immediate consideration
Please Note: Reply's without ALL 4 items will not be considered:
2) Salary history
3) Desired salary
4) 3 professional references (no relatives)
Compensation: directly dependent upon your successful completion of intro period and your current experience level.